MOORSIDE JUNIOR SCHOOL
Moorside Junior School is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all children in school. All North Yorkshire schools, including Moorside Junior Schools, follow the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures. The school will, in most circumstances, endeavour to discuss all concerns with parents about their child/ren. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when the school will discuss concerns with Social Care and/or the Police without parental knowledge (in accordance with Child Protection procedures). The school will, of course, always aim to maintain a positive relationship with all parents. The school’s child protection policy is available on our policies page.
At Moorside Junior School, we recognise the vital importance of procedures and practices which lead to a safe learning environment for every child in our care. We understand that there is a need to promote a culture where there is a shared responsibility for every aspect of safeguarding.
- To ensure that we employ staff who are suitable to work with children
- To create a culture where staff understand that their behaviour towards children must adhere to an agreed Code of Conduct
- To create a culture where inappropriate behaviour, should it occur, would be challenged at every level within the school
- To ensure that we have procedures and policies which keep children safe while they are in our care, regardless of the activity they are engaged in
- To ensure that we have procedures and policies which keep staff safe while they are carrying out their duties
- To ensure that there are clear rules and boundaries for children to follow, in order that their behaviour does not impact on the safety of one another
- To ensure that we teach children strategies that will help them to deal with dangerous situations outside school hours
- To ensure that the school complies with legislative responsibilities regarding the management of hazards to health
Keeping children safe