The Role of the Parent Support Advisor/Child Wellbeing Mentor
Moorside Infant and Junior schools have a Child Wellbeing Mentor/Parent Support Advisor, who is able to offer support to children, parents and carers at the school. The level of support offered varies to suit the individual needs and concerns that either child, family or school may be experiencing.
My Role Is To:
- To promote parental engagement and ensure that the parent and child voice is understood by school.
- To offer support and attend meetings with parents as appropriate.
- To provide the children with an opportunity to share any concerns or worries they may have and work with parents and class teachers to support children.
- Monitor the well-being of children at the school and liaise with parents/carers and school staff.
- Communicate with the parents to promote positive home/school relations.
- To share successful strategies used in school to home and vice versa.
- To support parents in understanding and managing challenging behaviour at home and to suggest strategies to promote consistency between all care givers.
- Signpost other appropriate agencies.
- Highlight areas of focus for parents and provide training if available.
I am generally out on the playground in the morning, however, if you prefer I can be contacted on 01765 604208. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Mrs Sally Price